Will my player get an equal chance to play while on a travel team?
Every player who has been offered and accepted a position on a travel team has demonstrated the skills and competencies our coaches believe are required to play at a competitive level. Travel teams do play in competitive leagues where winning is one of the objectives, and coaches must constantly assess player development and performance and weigh that against the overall team needs. There could be times when a player is provided less or very little playing time in a match and this is entirely at the coach's discretion. Your player’s coach, the Travel Director or the Club Technical Director will be happy to discuss with you and your player what the player can do to improve their performance, and in turn, earn more time on the pitch.
How do I know if the game has been canceled due to rain?
All players will need to register for the text based RAIN OUT NOTIFICATION system at the beginning of each season. This is the quickest method of notifying parents of field status. Coaches and/or team managers are in contact with VSL and ADSL officials who manage match cancelation on an hour-by-hour basis in the event of pending or current inclement weather. The home page of the Fury FC website provides a convenient field-by-field status of closures on the right side of the page, which is updated typically by 4:00 PM on weekdays and earlier on weekends when we anticipate the majority of our travel play.
What equipment do I need?
All players must…
- Wear the Fury FC Travel training kit to all practices unless otherwise directed.
- Wear shin guards, which must be covered by socks. Players who present themselves at practice wearing shin guards without socks will not be permitted to participate in practice, and jeopardize their opportunity to participate in matches due to missing practice.
- Bring water to every game and practice.
- Wear soccer cleats, not any cleats designed for any other sport, especially “front cleat” shoes such as baseball or softball cleats.
- Bring their own soccer ball. It is expected they will need a ball for home practice, so bringing the ball to practice ensures their comfort with the ball, responsibility, and lowers overall Fury operating costs.
How often will a player practice?
Travel teams practice at least twice weekly. The practice day is based on the coach's availability and field availability. Players are expected to attend practice without exception. If extenuating circumstances mean that a player cannot attend, the player must contact their coach and advise them prior to practice. This is not simply courteous; coaches prepare their practice plans based upon the number of players on their roster, and advising them helps them plan accordingly.
How much does it cost to play Travel?
Travel Fury U9-U15 = $1100/year (Fall & Spring Season plus tournaments and winter training)
Travel Fury U16-U19 = $900/year (Fall Season plus tournaments and winter training)
How do I upload my player's birth certificate and photo?
PDF printable directions are available to download and print here:
>Birth Certificate Upload: birthcertificateuploadprocess.pdf
>Player Photo Upload: player profiles adding your photo.pdf